To date the TRiP has generated over 12,000 Drosophila RNAi stocks, and developed efficient vectors for RNAi that work in all tissues. For a detailed description of the the TRiP in vivo RNAi approach click here.
TRiP fly stock collections
- TRiPSoma- for effective knockdown in somatic cells
- TRiPGermline- for effective knockdown in the germline
- Human Disease Transgenic RNAi Project (HuDis-TRiP) - targeting orthologs of genes associated with human diseases
- TRiP Toolbox - injection stocks for labs wishing to generate their own RNAi lines and commonly used GAL4 lines with UAS-Dcr2 to enhance knockdown
- Controls- TRiP stocks for use as experimental controls
- Current TRiP stocks (xlsx) , including detailed information on hairpin design and target(s)
Community Access to the TRiP Stocks
The Transgenic RNAi Project continues to make new RNAi fly stocks for the community and to maintain and improve the current library of TRiP RNAi stocks available at BDSC.
- All completed stocks are annotated on the TRiP website and on FlyBase, and transferred as soon as possible to the BDSC for distribution to the community
- If a TRiP stock has not yet been deposited at the BDSC, please contact the TRiP facility at HMS and we will send it to you
- If use of any of the TRiP stocks results in data that is included in a manuscript for publication, the TRiP requests that a version of the following statement be included in the Acknowledgements section: "We thank the TRiP at Harvard Medical School (NIH/NIGMS R01-GM084947) for providing transgenic RNAi fly stocks used in this study"
Nominating genes for TRiP production
- Selections will be in keeping with the BDSC mandate of one mutation per gene
- We will meet the needs of screeners at the Drosophila RNAi Screening Center (DRSC) for in vivo follow-up studies subsequent to cell-based screens
- We will meet the needs of the Drosophila community for in vivo phenotypic analyses through a nomination process. In keeping with our NIH/NIGMS funding, priority will go to nominations that help to fill in the phenotype gap and overcome issues associated with pleiotropy
To nominate a gene(s), the PI of the lab should send a letter to TRiP@flyrnai.org that includes an explanation of why the specific gene is being nominated.
- Knockdown vectors - 1st and 2nd generation VALIUM and WALIUM vectors and QUAS vector for transgenic RNAi
- Overexpression vectors - VALIUM10-moe, VALIUM10-roe, WALIUM10-moe, and WALIUM10-roe for in vivo overexpression.
- mENTRY - a Gateway donor/entry vector with multiple cloning site
- TRiP vectors, including vermillion and white versions of vectors for over-expression, are available through the Drosophila Genome Resource Center (DGRC) in Bloomington, IN, USA. Look for VALIUM and WALIUM plasmids in their online vectors catalog.