Luminometers and fluorimeters allow for readout of luminescence (luciferase readouts) or fluorescence from an entire well of a micro-well plate such as a 96- or 384-well plate.
We have the following plate-reader instruments available for on-site screens and other projects
- Molecular Devices Spectramax Paradigm for luminescence, fluorescence, and spectrophotometry
- LiCor Aerius for far-red fluorescence including 'in cell Western' approaches
These instruments support
- total luminescence (luciferase readouts)
- total fluorescence in standard and tunable channels
- spectrophotometry (e.g. for total protein assays)
The input material is typically cultured cells but can be crushed flies as well, such as for luciferase-based high-throughput in vivo readouts.
Additional plate readers are available through the HMS ICCB-Longwood Screening Facility.