We offer access to a wide variety of equipment useful for high-throughput studies:
- automated confocal imaging (slides, 6-well plates, 96- and 384-well plates)
- cell culture hoods equipt for low- and high-throughput Drosophila cell techniques
- fluorescence and luminescence 'plate readers' with stackers for high-throughput studies
- liquid handling robotics (delivery into 96- and 384-well formats)
- molecular biology instrumentation (for low-throughput and 96-well format applications)
We operate on a staff-assisted, researcher-driven model: you will be trained to use equipment with the goal of becoming an independent user. Once our staff designates you as a trained user, you can sign up and use the equipment on your own.
Training requests, sign-up, and incident reporting are managed through our online DRSC-FGR PPMS online ordering and sign-up system.
We expect local and visiting researchers to be ‘good citizens’ of the lab, complying with safety regulations, signing up for the instrument time they use, cancelling sign-ups in a timely manner if needed, and reporting concerns to the staff via the PPMS system or by email.