We have several types of liquid handling devices, including for general liquid handling and for cell dispensing.
Liquid handling robots for reagent production
- Agilent Velocity Bravo with 96-well head and automated plate sealer
- PerkinElmer Janus 8-span for ‘cherry-picking’ and normalization
Liquid handling robots for reagent production and cell-based assays
- Formulatrix Mantis for well-by-well dispensing of up to 6 liquids into 96- or 384-well plates (includes small-volume tip loading option for precious reagents)
- Thermo Matrix Well-Mate for column-by-column dispensing of cells (Well-Mate in the culture hood) or fix and stain reagents (Well-Mate in the molecular lab area)
Altogether, our liquid handling robotics support
- 96-to-96 liquid transfer
- 96-to-384 liquid transfer
- 'cherry pick' (individual selection) (96-to-96 well format)
- normalization and re-array (96-to-96 well format)
- dispensing of cells or other liquids into 96- or 384-well plates (by column)
- dispensing of cells or other liquids into 96- or 384-well plates (by well)
We use these instruments as part of our in-house reagent production and other pipelines. In addition, we make these instruments available to members of local and visiting labs on a staff-assisted, researcher-driven model, in which we first train individuals and then manage use via an online sign-up system.